Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Lutyen's Delhi Long Exposed

The place which I first saw in 2002, actually I started with was Gurgaon to be precise. A lone scpetic and hesitant "me" stepped into the world of opportunities here and been here since then, I should owe my bread to this city and I sure do. Not dwelling into the history but purely looking at this city from a third person view I must say there is a lot happening every now and then here deep inside it's broad tree laden roads, amongst the dreaded yellow metro boards, it's pubs and coffee bars and off course at the political centers. Delhi is a city of dreams, a city where aggression and a blurt of "B" words are Ok, a city which is powerful enough to transform the life of a 22 year to a 29 year old, a city which gives me my tomorrow. Like every other opiniated strong thinking modern brain I also have my opinions around what should happen better and what should not happen at all at Delhi, but, there is definately life which thrives to exist in every living second in this city, there are hearts which struggle to return home winning everyday and there are committments which crawl at every known corner waiting to have their hugs and kisses with you. Delhi has indomitable spirits, indomitable hearts, undaunted champions and millions of eyes which cherishes it's structures and it's skylines.


I had tried my share to see it differently through my apertured lens and all of them at night and I wanted to share what I may call a fraction out of the large numerical called Delhi Nights :))




Regal Cinema hall, Connaught place. Vibrant and dreamy!




Connaught Place LIC Building - I call this Insured mayhem!






The Symbol of Delhi


The peacekeepers - Delhi Police


The Rushing Moments whizz past you...u feel it the next day!


Occasional Intoxications ! 
A Flavour of Old Delhi- how can you miss this??
The Sleeping Giant with a mid evening madness at it's feet
The Streaky attempt at Jama Masjid
The Mad bazzar at Old Delhi - Cold tones !
Once again, a big thanks for the time and the read, leave your comments and dont feel guilt slapped to slap me, thats the best I can do to get to learn from you. Have a smiling day !
Shivaji Ghosh

11 comments:

  1. Kick A$$ imagery and even better blogging.. contented the whole experience and played with words like a true Blogger.. You're an artist by birth chief. I know these might sound overwhelming and too flattering at times, but that's the way many see you as.. so be it! :)
    Keep the rockets rolling..!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Frank and humble opinions always work. Good job at that.

    A suggestion, try to weave stories around your photographs. Therein lies your strength. A story board, a patchwork of images underpinned by words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jasper ! always appreciated ur support bro!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Bala! Agree mate...glad to get your inputs..i will work around that mate

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work Shivaji! Truly mesmerizing and involving. You sound like an experienced Blogger. Snaps from connaught place really made me feel nostalgic. Right in front LIC Building is the place where i started my career from: The Park Hotel. THANKS A LOT for this trip down the memry lane. As for the review: Nice and neat work, easy to follow and shots with some real strength.

    ReplyDelete
  6. great going sir.... awesome shots and a great write up...

    ReplyDelete
  7. You might still be a tad bit away from mastering the blogging-jargon... but your pictures make up for it!! Great shots... and a good tribute to Delhi overall :) Looking forward to more posts on cherokeetomahawk. Liked the intro that you've written for the blog..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sunny Bro thanks a lot and netime man...u name the place in Delhi u wanna see and I will shoot it for u! loved ur widget but as I told u I dont know how to use it :))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sahil bro thanks a lot man! appreciate all the support

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yashika I agree mate...I gotta a long way to go, I need variation and I need more expressive sentences. Glad to know the pictures are doing good..need to work on that front a lot more. The intro was thinking and typing with no rationale balancing them....so I guess it worked out. Keep visiting

    ReplyDelete